John D. Glover
1993 - Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering, University of South Alabama
2002 - Present, Cowles, Murphy, Glover & Associates, Inc., Mobile, AL
- Managing partner in full service engineering design firm.
1993 - 2002, Gottlieb, Barnett & Bridges, LLC , Mobile, AL
Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
- Mechanical design of marine and industrial facilities, cranes, conveyors, barge and rail facilities.
- Design of grain elevator headhouse, new silos and complete refurbishment of the existing headhouse and silos for the Alabama State Docks.
- Design of two double wing stackers for stacking coal and iron ore at McDuffie Terminals, Alabama State Docks.
- Design of over 10,000 linear feet of belt conveyors including all transfer/drive towers, two rail loading towers, one barge loading tower and one ship unloader.
- Design of water main system and utility gas piping system at Atlantic Marine Shipyard, Mobile, AL.
- Refurbishment of several existing cranes and unloaders, (i.e. American R-20 at Atlantic Marine, Mobile; Washington Iron Crane at Atlantic Marine, Jacksonville; RG-III at Chipco, Mobile).
- Design specifications for the procurement of a 1000 tph Grab Ship Unloader (GSU) for McDuffie Terminals, Alabama State Docks including site visits to Shanghai, China.
1988 - 1993, American Tank & Vessel , Mobile, AL
Mechanical Engineer/Co-op Intern
- Drafter and designer of API 650 and API 620 storage tanks.
- Design calculations for ASME Section VIII pressure vessels including spherical vessels and heavy wall nozzles design.
Honor and Achievements
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana & Michigan
- Member American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Exam Standards for National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).