2009 - Bachelors of Electrical Engineering, University of South Alabama
1977 - 1978 - University of Montevallo, Montevallo, Alabama
2007 - Present, Cowles, Murphy, Glover & Associates, LLP , Mobile, AL
- Design layouts of complete electrical systems for commercial and industrial facilities including site lighting, low and medium voltage distribution system and basic control logic.
1994 – 2007, Gottlieb, Barnett & Bridges, LLC, Mobile, AL
Lead Electrical Designer/Field Technician
- Complete Design Layout of electrical system involving container port facilities, multi-conveyor systems, transcontainer cranes, rail mounted gantry cranes, rubber tired gantry cranes, diesel generator sizing and facility building design.
- Responsible for switchboard layout, transformer sizing, lighting and power distribution layout, motor control center layout, lighting layout, control power layout and interface, automation control of all associated equipment and specification procurement of all above equipment required for installation.
- Responsible for conductor sizing, voltage drop calculation, conduit sizing, short circuit calculation and breaker coordination study.
1988-1994 , Bender Shipbuilding & Repair Co., Inc., Mobile, AL
Lead Electrical Designer
- Design layouts of complete electrical systems.
- Design layouts involving generator sizing, switchboard layout, emergency generator sizing, emergency switchboard layout, transformer sizing, power and lighting panel distribution layout, and specification, motor controller layout and specification, lighting layout, control power layout and automation control of associated equipment.
- Vendor interface for controls of equipment furnished.
1987 – 1988, Alabama Maritime Co, Mobile, AL
Structure Designer and Drafter
- The design and drafting of power plant precipitater air duct for Plant Miller Unit No. 4 (Alabama Power Co.)
1981 – 1987, Southern Company Services, Birmingham, AL
Electrical Designer and Drafter
- The design and drafting of electrical systems for power plan, nuclear and fossil, and hydro faculties. Systems concerned were main power stations, sub-stations and switch yards. Associated switchgear, power VAC high & low voltage with respective auxiliaries motor control centers and related operative and drive electrical equipment.
Honor and Achievements
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alabama
- Member of Eta Kappa Nu Honor Society (EE)
- Member Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)