2010 Bachelors of Science, Civil Engineering, Christian Brothers University - Memphis, TN
Oct. 2018 - Present, Cowles, Murphy, Glover & Associates, Inc., Memphis, TN
Civil / Structural & Rigging Engineer
- Qualified / Experienced Engineer in Civil, Structural, & Rigging
- Perform professional consulting engineering services supporting various heavy industrial markets including: petrochemical, nuclear power, wind power, heavy civil, fossil power, heavy rigging / lifting, heavy transport, marine shipping, rail shipping.
May 2015 – Oct. 2018 - Barnhart Crane & Rigging - Memphis, Tn
Senior Project Engineer
- Lead a team of project engineers through the design phase and field execution of projects. Coordinate with internal project managers on the project’s schedule and deliverables.
- Interface with customers and manage the engineering scope and schedule for projects.
- Develop internal engineering design standards and engineering processes/procedures.
- Manage multiple engineering schedules and resources for projects.
- Review, approve, and PE seal engineering plans and calculations.
- Advanced rigging engineering design.
- Perform on-site risk management, field engineering, and oversee the management of change process.
Nov. 2013 – May 2018 - Barnhart Crane & Rigging – Chicago, IL
Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer
- Plan and participate in customer site visits, proposal development, and contract development/review to ensure complete understanding of scope, contractual obligations, and risk assessment of the job.
- Communicate effectively with customers, engineers, vendors, suppliers, and others throughout the design and planning phase of projects.
- Develop vendor relationships and provide written detailed scope of work specifications for subcontractors and vendors.
- Manage customer projects with regards to safety, schedule, profit, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to regularly and accurately communicate the project status, including schedule, financial status, risk assessment, quality, safety and other key areas to project stakeholders.
- Work closely with project team to develop and maintain an overall project schedule. Show critical path items and anticipate problematic issues. Responsible to foresee typical issues that historically challenge schedules, construction, and impact project costs. Identify these issues and work with project team to develop solutions to overcome potential problem area.
- Lead engineer for the Rigging Job of the Year project at Point Beach Nuclear Plant.
- Lead engineer for the transport and assembly of the world’s largest tunnel boring machine in Seattle, WA.
- Field engineer for the transport and assembly of the world’s largest press in Long Beach, CA.
May 2010 – Nov. 2013 - Barnhart Crane & Rigging – Chicago, IL
- Lead projects from concept and sales through the design phase and into the field for construction.
- Develop project drawings, calculations, fabrication drawings, procedures, and work packages for projects.
- Develop engineering estimates for bidding projects accurately.
-Field technical liaison for critical lifts – including operational risk management, safety evaluations of projects, and management of change.
Honor and Achievements
- Registered Professional Engineer in Tennessee, North Carolina, Alabama, Texas,
- Pennsylvania, Maryland, South Carolina, Louisiana, Iowa and Connecticut
- Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Thomas Morris Award of Structural Engineering Excellence
- Award of Academic Excellence: Civil Engineering