2004 Masters of Science, Civil Engineering (Structural Concentration), University of Memphis
1997 Bachelors of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Memphis
2013 - Present, Cowles, Murphy, Glover & Associates, Inc., Memphis, TN
Shareholder - Civil / Structural & Rigging Engineer
- Qualified / Experienced Engineer in Civil, Structural, & Rigging
- Manage West Tennessee office for CMG.
- Perform professional consulting engineering services supporting various heavy industrial markets including: petrochemical, nuclear power, wind power, heavy civil, fossil power, heavy rigging / lifting, heavy transport, marine shipping, rail shipping.
Jun. 2002 – Sept. 2013 Barnhart Crane & Rigging, Inc. Memphis, TN-
Manager –Engineering Project Support April 2005 – Sept. 2013
Senior Structural Engineer Jun. 2002 – March 2005
- Manage department of 10+ project engineers for corporate engineering operations. Oversee technical engineering work for over 15 remote branch project engineers.
- Structural analysis and design of lift tower systems and lifting / rigging components. Oversee shop fabrication of components.
- Heavy lift rigging analysis, component design, all types of crane layouts & operations, load bearing / spreading calculations, wind loading considerations, structural design.
- Preparation of project drawings & calculations and detailed lift / transport plans.
- Marine transport and lifting operations. Hydrostatic analyses of cargo deck barges & development of ballasting plans to achieve optimum trim and stability.
- Design of transport securements for rail, barge, and over the road shipments.
- On-site lead risk management & project management for heavy lift / transport projects involving extensive travel & field management.
- Project experience: Nuclear Power, Petrochemical, Fossil Power, Wind Power, Marine, Heavy Civil, Mining, Hydroelectric Power. Capsule project resume available upon request.
- Working Knowledge of Codes / Standards: AISC Manual of Steel Construction, AWS D1.1 & D14.1 Structural Welding Codes, ANSI/ASME B30 Series Standards and BTH-1 “Design of Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices” Standard, OSHA 1926, CMAA-70, NUREG 0612 & 0554, AREA, Noble-Denton Shipping Standards, IMO Shipping Standards.
Feb. 1998 – Jun. 2002 Continental Construction Co., Inc. Memphis, TN
- Estimating & project management of heavy industrial construction projects.
- Structural / mechanical engineering & layout for design-build projects.
- Design & drafting of foundation systems, anchored bulkheads, conveyor systems, material handling systems, steel & concrete structures.
1995 – 1998 Carlson Consulting Engineers Memphis, TN
- Civil engineering design, drafting, & project management for commercial developments, subdivisions, roadway projects, and hydraulic basins.
1994 – 1995 Sofamor Danek Group, Inc. Memphis, TN
- Drafting & design of biomedical implants and appurtenances.
1993 – 1994 Brown & Dedman, Inc. Memphis, TN
- Drafting & layout of commercial developments, municipal utility projects, subdivisions, and roadway projects.
Honor and Achievements
- Registered Professional Engineer in Tennessee, North Carolina, Michigan, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Washington, Washington D.C. and Oklahoma
- Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- National Dean's List